At Kanaus USA®, we understand that you care how information about you is collected, used, and shared. This Privacy Statement describes information we may collect about you directly or indirectly; how and why we may collect, use, and share your information; and the choices you have regarding your information. As more fully described below, we collect, use and share your information to better serve you and to improve our own business processes.
This Privacy Statement applies to all of our consumers in the United States and Canada, and it describes the ways we handle personal information in different contexts, such as when consumers use our websites, mobile applications, or facilities, buy our products, participate in our promotions and events, or provide information to us in other ways.
Categories of Information We Collect
In order to help us better understand you so that we can give you an excellent customer experience, we collect information that identifies you or that we can associate with you (your “personal information”) as well as information that does not identify you (e.g., anonymous, deidentified, or aggregated data). We may also collect various categories of information directly (from you), or indirectly (from others), as more fully described below. The categories of personal information that we or our service providers collect (or have collected during the preceding 12 months) may include the following:
• Identifiers (such as your name, nickname, account name, unique personal identifier, online identifier/screenname, IP address, driver’s license number, or signature);
• Contact Information (such as your physical or mailing address, telephone number, or email address);
• Profile information that we collect or that is inferred (such as commercial information and inferences, including products or services purchased or considered, purchasing histories or tendencies, interactions with us, preferences, psychological traits/ predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, or abilities/aptitudes, some of which may be assigned by probabilistic methods);
• Education information (such as your education status or history);
• Employment information (such as your employment status or history, or your professional information);
• Internet activity (such as browsing history, search history, clicks, interactions with websites, applications and advertisements, or social media information);
• Demographic information (such as your age, date of birth, sex or gender, race, or ethnicity);
• Physical characteristics or biometric information (such as your size, height, weight, or other information relevant to your footwear and apparel preferences);
• Financial information (such as your bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, other payment information); and
• Location data (such as the geographical location information indicated by your mobile device or computer).
How Information About You Is Collected
When you interact with us, we may collect information about you directly. Examples of direct interaction with us include when you visit our websites, shop in our stores, communicate with our customer service representatives, attend our events, use our mobile applications, participate in our marketing efforts (including contests sweepstakes and virtual events), participate in our customer loyalty programs, or any other way you interact directly with us. When we collect information about you directly, we may ask you to affirmatively furnish the information to us (such as when we ask you for your telephone number), or we may collect the information from your electronic device (such as when you download and use our mobile applications or visit our websites) or by observing your activity (such as when you visit our stores). We and some of our service providers, contractors and advertising networks collect identifiers matched to your mobile or other devices, which can be used to deliver customized ads or content via the Internet, across different devices or browsers (sometimes called “cross-device tracking”). In some cases, we may engage service providers to help us operate our business, and they may collect data on our behalf in the course of the services they provide to us. In other cases, where permitted by applicable law, third parties may obtain information about you independently, and we may acquire that data (for example, by purchasing the data).